A 2017 study of Small-Medium Business (SMB), conducted by the Ponemon Institute, found that 54% of all data breaches were caused by negligent employee behavior, which may be accidental (the subject of a phishing attack) or intentional (data theft). “Insiders” may be:
- Negligent users
- Careless or uninformed users
- Malicious users (espionage, malicious activity)
- Insiders are impossible to secure (the one data container that cannot be secured)
- Start as trusted employee, who has become disenfranchised
The one common factor is that at some point, the Insider held authorized credentials to access your systems environment.
Security Awareness is a vital component of a security strategy.
- We educate employees about cyber threats and what cyber attack indicators look like.
- We teach personnel how to respond to attacks, report suspected Incidents and provide them with tactics to protect your organization’s interests and their personal identities.
- We inform personnel of strategic and operational practices you have implemented to defend your organization and comply with regulatory requirements.